Oily skin is prone to acne, blackheads and other blemishes. Also, oily skin looks shiny and thick. As with all skin types, there are ways to reduce and eliminate these problems.
We have listed below some tips for taking care of your oily skin.
• Wash your face no more than twice a day. Too much washing can strip your skin or all its natural moisturizers. This will also make your skin produce more oil to replenish what was lost.
• Choose products that are designed for your skin type. Look for water based or oil-free moisturizers. Use a gentle cleanser. Pick make-up that are with gel, liquid or powder bases. Liquid foundation should be water-based, not oil-based.
• Use toner only on areas that are oily. Dry patches can be caused by toners.
• Do not scrub your face. Scrubbing can stimulate oil production.
• Use blotting paper to remove excess oil throughout the day.
• Do not pick, pop or squeeze pimples. This may cause scars and spots on your face.
• Exfoliate once a week to loosen and remove oil and dirt from your pores.
• Do not experiment with skin products. Experimenting might do more harm than good. Get a skin consultation so a professional can tailor a skin regimen that’s right for you.
• Always wear sunscreen before going outside to avoid sun damage.
While having oily skin may be difficult, there are some benefits. Those with oily skin age slower because this skin type wrinkles less than dry or normal skin. It’s just a matter of finding a balance. Drop by our salon and we’ll be more than happy to help.
Source: Eileen Bailey, Health Guide
Call Us On 07 3871 0477