Got questions about getting a Brazilian? Great! We’ve got answers. Here’s our list of what to do before and after your Brazilian wax.
Before Your Brazilian:
- DO let the hair grow ¼ to ½ an inch—no longer! This is the ideal length for less pain and a quicker wax session.
- DO help prevent ingrown hairs by gently exfoliating the area several days before your appointment.
- DO be very clean. Make sure you shower the day of your wax to help prevent infection. You’ll feel more comfortable and so will your wax technician.
- DO take an anti-inflammatory such as ibuprofen a half-hour beforehand, if you’re very sensitive.
- DON’T schedule your appointment for about a week before or during your period, you’ll be much more sensitive, causing more pain.
- DON’T apply any creams or lotions before your wax. You’ll get better results if your skin is dry.
After your Brazilian
- DO soothe the area with cool compresses once you get home.
- DO wash the area twice daily if you are prone to developing red bumps or ingrown hairs. Apply an over-the-counter hydrocortisone cream for a few days after your wax.
- If you develop bumps, DON’T ever pick or squeeze them! This could lead to scarring. DO apply hydrocortisone and benzoyl peroxide gel, pads or wash (all available in your pharmacy without a prescription).
DON’T wear tight underwear or clothing in synthetic materials to prevent irritation. It’s best to stick to natural fabrics that breathe.