Good diet aids in having great skin. We all know that junk food can cause acne, but did you know that there are also foods that can give you gorgeous looking skin?
Here are the top 8 foods you need to have smooth, healthy skin:
1. Avocados – They are a good source of biotin and can help prevent dry skin and brittle hair and nails. They can also hydrate parched skin if you apply it topically.
2. Green Tea – Rich in polyphenols that act as antioxidants, they protect cells and body chemicals against damage caused by free radicals, and help prevent cancer and cardiovascular diseases.
3. Tomatoes – The lycopene-rich tomato is considered a high-carotenoid fruit which help slow down cellular damage from free radicals. A study showed that tomato paste combined with olive oil, when applied daily, also helped prevent sunburn.
4. Salmon – Considered to slow down the aging process, salmon contains astaxanthin, a carotenoid that improves skin elasticity, so you’ll have fewer fine lines.
5. Eggs – Protein helps repair cells that have suffered free radical damage. Eggs, a complete source of protein, also contain biotin, an essential vitamin that protects against dry skin.
6. Pomegranate – When applied topically, this antioxidant-rich fruit may help skin create more collagen, while speeding healing.
7. Walnuts – Omega-3s are great for the skin and walnuts are a rich source of it. They help put shine in your hair and aid in making skin smoother and younger looking.
8. Beans – Another protein source, legumes help repair cells that have suffered free radical damage. During digestion, protein breaks down into amino acids, the building blocks of cells. Amino acids help to speed the repair and regeneration of skin cells and collagen.
Give your skincare products a hand. With these foods, you can significantly improve the quality of your skin.
Call Us On 07 3871 0477